According to homethodology, Pleasant View, Tennessee is a city located in Cheatham County. The current population is estimated to be around 5,500 people. The city is nestled in a valley of rolling hills and farmland, with the Harpeth River running along its southern border. The climate is mild and temperate, with hot summers and cool winters.
The land that now makes up Pleasant View was first settled by Native Americans in the early 1700s. By the mid-1800s, more settlers began to come to the area and it was officially established as a town in 1842. During the Civil War, Pleasant View served as an important stop on the Nashville & Northwestern Railroad line and was an important center for Confederate supply lines.
Politics in Pleasant View are largely conservative and Republican-leaning with many members of local government being elected from those parties. The economy of Pleasant View relies heavily on agriculture, with many locals working as farmers or ranchers as well as some light industry manufacturing jobs available in nearby towns.
The schools in Pleasant View are part of Cheatham County Schools system, which includes two elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school located within the city limits. There are also several private educational institutions located nearby for students who may prefer an alternative to public education.
Pleasant View has many landmarks that make it unique including two historic churches: Trinity United Methodist Church which dates back to 1866 and St James Episcopal Church which was built in 1888; a historic railroad depot; Old Towne Square; and several other buildings dating back to before 1900 that have been preserved by locals over time.
Population: 2,934. Estimated population in July 2020: 3,453 (+17.7% change)
Males: 1,476 (50.3%), Females: 1,458 (49.7%)
Zip code: 37146
Median resident age: 32.8 years
Median household income: $54,236
Median house value: $124,300
Races in Pleasant View:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.5%)
- Two or more races (1.2%)
- American Indian (1.0%)
- Hispanic (0.8%)
Ancestries: United States (19.7%), German (9.5%), English (8.4%), Irish (7.8%), Scottish (2.0%), Italian (1.6%).
Land area: 12.6 square miles
Neah Pleasant View, Tennessee is a small town located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. It has a population of about 2,000 people, most of whom are descendants of early settlers. The town is known for its rural charm and beauty, with rolling hills and lush green pastures. The cost of living in Neah Pleasant View is low compared to other areas in the state due to its rural nature and lack of major industries. The median home value is around $130,000, which is noticeably lower than the state average. Renters can find affordable housing in the area as well; monthly rent prices range from $600 to $800 depending on location and size. Groceries and other necessities like gas are also quite reasonable when compared to other parts of Tennessee. Transportation options are limited as there is no public transportation system or airport nearby; however, residents can easily access nearby cities via car or train.
For population 25 years and over in Pleasant View
- High school or higher: 81.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 17.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 1.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 31.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pleasant View city
- Never married: 17.1%
- Now married: 69.2%
- Separated: 0.6%
- Widowed: 4.3%
- Divorced: 8.8%
0.6% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +1,216 (+70.8%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Pleasant View:
- NORTHCREST MEDICAL CENTER (about 15 miles; SPRINGFIELD, TN)
- GATEWAY MEDICAL CENTER (about 18 miles; CLARKSVILLE, TN)
- NASHVILLE METROPOLITAN BORDEAUX HOSP (about 18 miles; NASHVILLE, TN)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Pleasant View:
- NASHVILLE INTL (about 32 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Abbreviation: BNA)
- CAMPBELL AAF (about 37 miles; FORT CAMPBELL/HOPKINSVILLE, KY; Abbreviation: HOP)
- SMYRNA (about 45 miles; SMYRNA, TN; Abbreviation: MQY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Pleasant View:
- SPRINGFIELD ROBERTSON COUNTY (about 13 miles; SPRINGFIELD, TN; Abbreviation: M91)
- JOHN C TUNE (about 19 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Abbreviation: JWN)
- CORNELIA FORT AIRPARK (about 29 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Abbreviation: M88)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pleasant View:
- TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 21 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 7,346)
- NASHVILLE STATE TECHNICAL INSTITUTE (about 21 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 3,642)
- VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY (about 23 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 9,823)
- AUSTIN PEAY STATE UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; CLARKSVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 5,744)
- BELMONT UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,654)
- DAVID LIPSCOMB UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,260)
- VOLUNTEER STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 41 miles; GALLATIN, TN; Full-time enrollment: 4,215)
Public high school in Pleasant View:
- SYCAMORE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 802; Location: 1021 OLD CLARKSVILLE HW; Grades: 09 – 12)
Private high school in Pleasant View:
- PLEASANT VIEW CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 311; Location: 5151 HICKS EDGEN RD; Grades: PK – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Pleasant View:
- SYCAMORE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 873; Location: 1025 OLD CLARKSVILLE HW; Grades: 05 – 08)
- PLEASANT VIEW ELEMENTARY (Students: 587; Location: 2625 CHURCH ST; Grades: KG – 04)